RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL: August 24, 2014
THE MILLENIUM REIGN
MEMORY VERSE: “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” – Revelation 20:6.
BIBLE PASSAGE: REVELATION 20:1-10
INTRODUCTION: Today, we want to study about the Millennial Reign of Christ otherwise known as thousand years reign. This is a glorious kingdom of Christ on earth after His return from the Armageddon and before the new earth and the new heaven. During this one thousand years reign, Satan will be bound with chains in the bottomless pit. May the Holy Spirit teach and bless us as we study in Jesus Name. Amen.
1. THE NATURE OF THE MILLENNIUM
2. THE BLESSING OF THE MILLENNIUM
THE NATURE OF THE MILLENIUM
The Millennium is the regeneration, Matthew 19:28. The times of restitution of all things – Acts 3:21, that is the restoration to the original state, as spoken by the prophets – 2 Samuel 7:16. During this period, Christ will be manifested in His kingdom. He will from Heaven descend with the raptured saints and angels upon Mount Olives, which is before Jerusalem Revelations 19:11-17. Canaan will be taken of an everlasting possession by Christ according to God’s Covenant with Abraham – Genesis 17:8, Galatians 3:16.
Christ will be manifested to take possession of David’s kingdom according to God’s covenant with David – 2 Samuel 7:8-16; Acts 2:29-32. Christ will be manifested as king of righteousness – Isaiah 32:1; King of Israel-John 12:13, King of kings – Revelations 19:16 and King over all the earth – Zechariah 14:9; Philippians 2:10. He will be revealed as the mighty God and the Son -Isaiah 9:6; Psalm 134:3; Amos 9:14-15.
THE BLESSING OF THE MILLENNIUM
The blessings are numerous and they include:-
1. Theocratic Government where God is the ruler through Jesus Christ The Apostles and the Saints from Adam to the millennium shall reign with Him. Isaiah 2:2-4; Daniel 2:44-45, Matthew 25:31-40; Revelations 2: 26-27.
2. Peace in the entire kingdom because the Prince of peace is reigning. Isaiah 9:6-7, Psalm 2:9; Isaiah 2: 4; Micah 4:3; Isaiah 11:6-9
3. Crime-free society. Psalm 2: 9-12, Jeremiah 31: 33-34.
4. Global knowledge of the Lord in the hearts of men as the waters cover the sea. Isaiah 11:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34.
5. No more desert. All lands shall flourish and blossom. Isaiah 35:1-2, Amos 9:13; Isaiah 49:9.
6. Divine health for all. Isaiah 35:5-6, Jeremiah 30: 17, Isaiah 33:34.
7. Increased life span. Isaiah 65:20; Zechariah 8:4.
8. Noticeable change in the wild – life or animal kingdom. Isaiah 11:6,8:9.
“Thine kingdom come and thine will be done on earth as in heaven” is included in the Lord’s prayer. As true Christians, this should equally be our utmost aspiration. Pray to God today to qualify to reign with Christ in His kingdom.Amen.
1. What is the nature of the millennial reign?
2. Mention some blessings of the millennial reign.
Blessed Week with the Holy Spirit
MONDAY: Matthew 24:44 – Be prepared.
TUESDAY: 1 Corinthians 1:7 – Wait for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
WEDNESDAY: Rev.7:14 – Let the blood of Jesus Christ wash you clean.
THURSDAY: Rev.2.4 – Accept Christ and hold tight to your first love.
FRIDAY: Romans8:17-18 If we suffer with Him, we shall also be glorified with Him.
SATURDAY: 1 Thess. 4:17- The saints shall ever be with the Lord.
SUNDAY: Matthew 5:11-12 – Great is your reward if you endure to the end.