RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL
LESSON FOUR – Sunday, 28th September 2014
THE HOLY SPIRIT OR ALCOHOL?
MEMORY VERSE: “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in aIl churches of the saints. ” 1Corinthians 14:33
BIBLE PASSAGE: Proverbs 23:29-35
INTRODUCTION: Drinking communion wine or having the Holy Spirit and at the same time drinking alcohol will definitely bring clashes and confusion. Both spirits are capable of influencing the host but by their fruits, we shall know them.
1. ALCOHOLIC DRINKS AND WINES ARE NOT FOR KINGS AND PRIESTS
2. OTHER SPIRITS
3. NOTE THE CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLY SPIRIT AND OTHER SPIRITS
ALCOHOLIC DRINKS AND WINES ARE NOT FOR KINGS AND PRIESTS
1. a. Who are the kings and priests?
Revelation 1:6 says if you have been washed by the blood of Jesus Christ you are a king and a priest. When we are united with Christ as members of His body, we join in HIS priestly work of reconciling God and people -1Peter 2:9
b. Dangers of alcohol drinks and wines.
The Bible says the alcoholic beverage must be avoided like a plague – Proverbs 31 :4, because:
– It leads to wrong decisions -Esther 1:10. What the king would not normally do, he did under the Influence of wine. – It leads astray – Proverbs 20:1.
– It provides satanic leadership – Hosea 4:11, Isaiah 5:22-23.
– It leads to confusion – Proverbs 23:29-.30.
– Sexual immorality is associated with the spirit of alcohol – Proverbs 23:33 some of which have led to incest – Genesis 19:33-35.
– The spirit of alcohol makes the Holy Spirit to step aside in the lives of drunkards – 1Cor. 3:16-17. (It leads to defilement of the temple of God). It ultimately leads to hell- Galatians 5:21.
Spirit of the world, spirit of demon, familiar spirit, spirit of divination, spirit of adoption, spirit of bondage, unclean spirit, evil spirit, spirit of beast, spirit of the antichrist, spirit of error, 1Samuel 16:14, Eccl. 3:21, 1John 4:6, James 4:4, IJohn 4:15-16, Lev.19:31, Deut. 26:6, Matthew 12:43, Rev. 11:7.
NOTE THE CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLY SPIRIT AND OTHER SPIRITS
1. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth – John 14:17, while other spirits lead to deception. John 8:44.
2. The Holy Spirit is of God – John 15:26, John 14:16, while other spirits are of the devil.
3. The Holy Spirit gives liberty ·2Cor. 3:17, while other spirits lead to bondage.
4. The Holy Spirit helps in the work of redemption – John 4:14, while the spirit of alcohol leads to eternal damnation- Gal. 5:21, Proverbs 31:33.
5. The spirit of alcohol is associated with the spirit of lust and immorality while the Holy Spirit is associated with the Holy God and helps in the sanctification of believers -1 Thess. 2:13,1 Peter 1:5, Romans 15:16.
6. The Holy Spirit empowers believers for exploits and good works -Acts 1:8, 10:38, while the spirit of alcohol empowers for the works of the flesh – Prov.
23:33·35, Galatians 5:19·21.
7. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of holiness- Romans 1:4.
8. The Holy Spirit dwells only in believers- Rom.8:9.
The difference is endless.
Alcohol may be for others but not for kings, Anytime you take what kings are forbidden to take, you become less of the king you were meant to be. In this regard, such violator will find it difficult to operate as a king,
1. What are the dangers of alcoholic drinks and wines?
2. What are the clear differences between the Holy Spirit and other spirits?
BLESSED WEEK WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
MONDAY: Romans 6:16 – All people have a master and pattern themselves after him, We may be enslaved to sin without the Holy Spirit and the result is separation with God.
TUESDAY: 1Thess. 5:22 – We live in a sinful world but we should not give evil a foothold.
WEDNESDAY: Acts 4:8 – You too can be filled with the Holy Spirit.
THURSDAY: Proverbs 23:21- Spirit of alcohol is a spirit of poverty.
FRIDAY: Eccl. 8:4 – The word of the king is full of power.
SATURDAY: Roman 8:13 – Live by the Spirit to be alive.
SUNDAY: Eph. 5:18 – The effects of alcohol are obvious. What happens when we are filled with the Holy Spirit?
Thanks to OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTION OF D RCCG on Facebook