RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL
LESSON FOURTEEN: Sunday, 7th December 2014
THE PECULIAR PEOPLE
MEMORY VERSE: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:” 1Peter 2:9
BIBLE PASSAGE: Daniel 1:1-8
INTRODUCTION: The word peculiar, in general terms, means being distinguished from others, bought or redeemed. God wants us to be peculiar in all ramifications of our Christian lives. Hence, He refers to the Christian as a chosen generation designed to show forth the praises of Him who has chosen him or her- 1Peter 2:9. God made a promise in Exodus 19:5 “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine.” .
1. ATTRIBUTES OF THE PECULIAR CHRISTIAN
2. BENEFITS OF BEING A PECULIAR CHRISTIAN
ATTRIBUTES OF THE PECULIAR CHRISTIAN
It is expedient that we consider some of the expected attributes of the peculiar Christian. These include:
1. Being genuinely born again – 2Corinthians 5: 17
2. Becoming a sanctified vessel unto honour – 2Timothy 2:21
3. Must be a Spirit-led believer – Romans 8: 14
4, Must be unworldly-1John2:15-16
5. Must not be tossed by every wind of doctrine – Ephesians 4: 14
6. Determined to stand out of the crowd.
BENEFITS OF BEING A PECULIAR CHRISTIAN
Like the biblical Daniel, any child of God that decides to be peculiar stands to enjoy the following benefits among others.
1. He becomes a tool in God’s hand to do the impossible and the miraculous – 2Timothy 2:21.
2. He becomes God’s favourite – Daniel 6:3.
3. He will have access to classified information – Gen.18:17-18
4. His labour will not go unrewarded -1Corinthians 15:58
5. He shall remain a star forever.
You have a choice to make, either to be ordinary or to be peculiar. However, those that will stand out must be willing and ready to pay the price. “If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall
be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.” – 2Timothy 2:21.
1. What are the attributes of a peculiar Christian?
2. Name the benefits of being a peculiar Christian.
Blessed Week with the Holy Spirit
MONDAY: Exodus 7:6 -You are special to God alone.
TUESDAY: Malachi 3:17 – Divine protection is forthe peculiar ones.
WEDNESDAY: 1Corinthians 14:20 – Be established and be sound in the true doctrines.
THURSDAY: Isaiah 52:11- Departfrom all unrighteousness.
FRIDAY: Matthew 6:24 – Be separate.
SATURDAY: Isaiah 5:17 -Be Heavenly focused.
SUNDAY: 1Peter 1:6- Rejoice ever more.
I give Credit to Daily Devotion of The RCCG for this post. I say thank you for being a Channel of Blessings. You’re Peculiar.