RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL
SUNDAY, 18TH DECEMBER 2016
TOPIC: STANT OUT
BIBLE PASSAGE: 2Corinthians 6:14-18
Another word for ‘stand out’ is ‘be separate’. In 1John 2:15, we are told not to love the world. Ephesians 5:1-8 admonishes us to live as children of light. We must shine as light in a world filled with darkness as imitators and representatives of God on earth.
1. Stand out as a believer in Christ
2. Why and How?
STAND OUT AS A BELIEVER IN CHRIST
Believers in Christ are to stand out from all forms of sin, worldly pleasure and be separate unto God. Basically, a believer must:
1. Stand out from all forms of sin such as fornication, adultery, alcoholism, smoking, etc (Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 4:22)
2. Stand out from all works of darkness (Ephesians 5:8;11)
3. Stand out from heresies, false doctrines and their perpetrators (2John 9-11; 1Timothy 6:5)
4. Stand out from customs and traditions of men that contradict scriptures (Colossians 2:8)
5. Never marry an unbeliever. It is forbidden (2Corinthians 6:12-17)
6. Stand out from any relationship, association, business partnership or friendship in which Christ is not glorified or proclaimed.
WHY AND HOW?
To gain divine acceptance and approval as a son or daughter of God, every believer in Christ must stand out (2Corinthians 6:17-18). Hence, it is important to know how to really stand out. Here are some steps to take:
1. Be sober, vigilant and prayerful (1Peter 5:8; Matthew 26:41)
2. Abstain from all appearance of evil: evil communications and corrupt companies (1Thessalonians 5:22; 1Corinthians 15:33)
3. Be a fruit producer: bear the fruit of the spirit and win souls (Matthew 12:33; Galatians 5:22-23)
4. Examine and renew your mind daily (2Corinthians 13:5; Romans 12:2)
5. Study and meditate on the word of God to know His plan and purpose for your life (2Timothy 2:15; Psalm 1:1-3; Joshua 1:8)
6. Put all your trust in God and not in mortals (Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 118:8).
If you stand out completely from sin and worldly amusement and separate unto God, you shall be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ (2Corinthians 3:18); the Lord shall receive you (2Corinthians 6:17) and you shall be a vessel unto honour fit for the master’s use (2Timothy 2:20-21).
1. In what ways should a believer stand out?
2. Why and how should a believer stand out?