RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL (2016/2017 EDITION)
LESSON FOURTEEN (14)
Sunday 4th December 2016
TOPIC:- LIVING RIGHT
MEMORY VERSE: ‘And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God, walk before me, and be thou perfect.’’- Genesis 17:1
BIBLE PASSAGE: Philippians 4:8-9
Solomon, to whom God gave wisdom, said, ‘‘Righteousness exalteth a nation; but sin is a reproach to any any people’’ (Proverbs 14:34). Solomon came to recognize that only God can a man find real significance and lasting satisfaction (Ecclesiastes 12:13; Psalm 103:5).
Examples of righteous men in the Bible include Noah (Genesis 6:8-9), Abraham (James 2:21-23) and Job (Job 1:1,8).
1. Understanding A Righteous Life
2. The Benefits Of Living Right
UNDERSTANDING A RIGHTEOUS LIFE
Righeousness is defined as ‘‘the character or quality of being right ot just.’’ It is doing right and refers to the state of one who is such as he ought to be before God and man (Acts 10:35).
It is holy and upright living, in accordance with God’s standard and it is given through faith in Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:9).
God’s character is the source of all righteousness (Genesis 18:25; Romans 9:14). God takes great pleasure in righteousness (Jeremiah 9:24).
Righteousness reuires a voluntary change (Ephesians 4:24). It is at the heart of combating sin (Psalm 119:10-11). It regards discipline as productive (Hebrews 12:11). Righteousness reveals genuine salvation (1John 2:29).
Works of righteousness include love for each other (1John 3:10b).
it produces spiritual and visible fruits (Mathew 7:16).
We ought to be living every day the kind of life that reflects Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:5, 4:8).
THE BENEFITS OF LIVING RIGHT
Righteous living makes you a partner with the Almighty God (Genesis 18:17-19; Amos 3:3) and this attracts certain things to you. These include:
1. The good of the land (Isaiah 1:18-19)
2. Overflowing blessings (Deuteronomy 28:1-2).
3. Victory without a fight (Deuteronomy 28:7).
4. Continuous Success (Psalm 1:3).
5. Becoming a terror to your enemies (Deuteronomy 28:9-10).
6. Eradication of poverty (Deuteronomy 30:9).
7. Permanent open heavens (Leviticus 26:4).
8. Being the head and not the tail (Deuteronomy 28:23).
9. Boldness and fearlessness (Proverbs 28:1b; Psalm 23:4).
10. Answer to prayers (1Peter 3:12).
11. Good health and victory over sickness and diseases (Exodus 15:26; 23:25).
12. Unspeakable joy and peace of mind (Romans 14:17; 15:13; Psalm 118:15).
CONCLUSION: God expects us to live right. Are you numbered among God’s righteous? The danger of unrighteous living is that whatsoever holiness is drving away, sin will be attracting.
1. What Is righteous living?
2. What are the benefits of partnership with God?