RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON 10
ADULTERY AND FORNICATION: DANGERS AND ANTIDOTES
for: SUNDAY, 6th NOVEMBER 2016.
OPENING PRAYER: [ Father,do not let me fall into the snares of adultery and fornication in Jesus’ name].
MEMORY VERSE: If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy which temple ye are. I Corinthians 3:17
BIBLE PASSAGE: Proverbs 6:23-29, 32-33 (KJV)
23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.
27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
29 So he that goeth in to his neighbour’s wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.
32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
33 A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.
LESSON INTRODUCTION : Adultery and fornication are not just sins against God [ I Corinthians 6:19-20), but also against one’s soul ( I peter 2:11) and body ( I Corinthians 6:18). Having known the meaning of fornication and adultery and as well as their causes, we shall proceed to consider the inherent dangers or consequences of these sins. We need to also find out the antidotes to and /or remedies for adultery and fornication.
1. Loss of dignity and honor ( Proverbs 6:32-33).
2. Exposure to and transfer of curse and affliction ( Gen. 49:3-4; Judges 16:1-31).
3. Exposure to deadly diseases and unwanted pregnancies ( I Corinthians 3:16-17)
4. Untimely death ( Judges 16:6, 30).
5. Eternal destruction and separation from God ( I Corinthians 6:9; Revelations 21:8; Hebrews 13:4b).
1. Have a consciousness of sin and fear God ( Genesis 39:9; Romans 6:12-14).
2. Make a covenant with your eyes and flesh not to commit adultery or fornication ( Job 32:1).
3. Abstain from all appearances or resemblance of sexual immorality ( I Thessalonians 5:22).
4. Do not stay at the corridor of adultery and fornication hoping to resist the temptation. Run away as far as your legs can carry you. Lean from Joseph do not be like Samson ( I Corinthians 6:18; Genesis 39:10-12; Judges 16:1).
5. Get married as soon as you are mature to do so ( I Corinthians 7:2; Hebrews 13:4a).
6. Married should strive to mutually satisfy each other in all things and guard against infiltration of strange women and men ( I Corinthians 7:3-5; Proverbs 5:18, 20).
7. Always mediate on the word of God and depend on the strength of the holy Spirit ( Philippians 4:8, 13).
8. Pray for grace to exercise self – control and be sanctified at all times and in all things ( I Corinthians 7:9; I Corinthians 9:25).
9. Glorify God in your body ( I Corinthians 6:20).
Run away from every appearances of evil ( I Thessalonians 5:22). Adultery as well as fornication kills.
1. Mention and discuss the dangers of adultery and fornication.
2. Discuss four antidotes of and remedies to adultery and fornication.
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON 10